From: Hamie <hamish@××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] NFS through a firewall
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 22:26:48
1 On Friday 11 April 2008 13:49:11 Roger Mason wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm trying to configure the firewall on a client to allow that client
5 > to mount an nfs directory. The client runs a netfilter firewall, the
6 > server uses tcpwrapper.
7
8 [deleted]
11 > If I drop the client firewall the mount succeeds.
12 >
13 > Can someone help me figure out what must be put in my iptables script
14 > to get this to work?
17 Do you have the option to run nfsv4? It uses only port tcp-2049. That way you
18 don't need portmapper (port 111), lockmgr, status, or mountd.
19
20 Hamish.