From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] NFS through a firewall
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 13:13:38
1 Hamie <hamish@××××××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Friday 11 April 2008 13:49:11 Roger Mason wrote:
4 >> Hello,
5 >>
6 >> I'm trying to configure the firewall on a client to allow that client
7 >> to mount an nfs directory. The client runs a netfilter firewall, the
8 >> server uses tcpwrapper.
9 >
10 > Do you have the option to run nfsv4? It uses only port tcp-2049. That way you
11 > don't need portmapper (port 111), lockmgr, status, or mountd.
12
13 Not at the moment: the server is running a very old (obsolete)
14 profile, so it is hard to update. A complete rebuild is on my agenda,
15 but I won't get to it for a few weeks.
16
17 It looks like a good solution though.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Roger
21 --