From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] followup
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 19:12:22
1 On Sun, 31 Jan 2021 13:52:32 -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:
2
3 > turns out my problem was profoundly simple, I hadn't updated my portage
4 > mirror list in either of the past two geological ages...  (it should
5 > have reported "WAITING ON FETCH" in the emerge update, that would have
6 > saved me about 2 days figuring that out...)
7 >
8 > Mirrorselect actually worked. =O
9 >
10 > Perl cleaner or whatever it's called solved the rest... Actually just
11 > turning on yet more verbosity allowed me to manually clean everything
12 > out in a reasonable amount of time... My make.conf is starting to look
13 > like a litany of verbosity enables.
14
15 I take it the is the closest anyone can expect to an apology for the
16 torrent of abuse in your previous email?
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 I believe the technical term is "Oops!"