From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 runaway process after wake up
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:23:54
1 Mick wrote:
2 > I've noticed this problem twice so far:
3 >
4 > PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
5 > 14928 michael 21 1 340m 22m 15m R 100 0.6 2:24.84 kdeinit4: kded4
6 > [kdeinit]
7 > 14658 michael 21 1 980m 35m 24m R 100 0.9 2:24.83 /usr/bin/knotify4
8 >
9 > On both occassions it happened when I woke up the machine from sleep (suspend
10 > on ram). Any idea what might be causing it?
13 If those are the only ones you have, you are lucky. This is one reason
14 I switch to single user sometimes. I log out of KDE and have a BUNCH of
15 KDE processes still running. This is a desktop and no suspend stuff
16 being used. I usually go to single user, kill them off then switch back
17 and login.
18
19 I don't recall having this issue with KDE3 so maybe it is something they
20 are working on. I did notice the other day that I had only a couple
21 after the openrc upgrade. I don't know if one has anything to do with
22 the other tho. I also did some KDE updates as well.
23
24 Dale
25