From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE4.6 runaway process after wake up
Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 18:45:54
1 On Sunday 15 May 2011 19:19:38 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > I've noticed this problem twice so far:
4 > > PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
5 > >
6 > > 14928 michael 21 1 340m 22m 15m R 100 0.6 2:24.84 kdeinit4:
7 > > kded4 [kdeinit]
8 > > 14658 michael 21 1 980m 35m 24m R 100 0.9 2:24.83
9 > > /usr/bin/knotify4
10 > >
11 > > On both occassions it happened when I woke up the machine from sleep
12 > > (suspend on ram). Any idea what might be causing it?
13 >
14 > If those are the only ones you have, you are lucky. This is one reason
15 > I switch to single user sometimes. I log out of KDE and have a BUNCH of
16 > KDE processes still running. This is a desktop and no suspend stuff
17 > being used. I usually go to single user, kill them off then switch back
18 > and login.
19 >
20 > I don't recall having this issue with KDE3 so maybe it is something they
21 > are working on. I did notice the other day that I had only a couple
22 > after the openrc upgrade. I don't know if one has anything to do with
23 > the other tho. I also did some KDE updates as well.
24
25 Sorry I should have been clearer:
26
27 I woke up the machine and noticed the fan was racing. Top showed these two
28 being the culprits. I logged out of X and back on a console they were still
29 running wild. I had to kill them manually to calm things down.
30
31 When out of X in the console I seem to recall all other KDE processes had
32 terminated.
35 Regards,
36 Mick