From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel 2 manual
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:00:13
1 João Matos wrote:
2 > Well, thank you for your help.
3 >
4 > I had some problems, like no bootable system or no network, but I
5 > could solve it and things are working pretty well pretty.
6 >
7 > The compilation time is really small after I removed these modules,
8 > but I think it should be smaller: apparently the 'make && make modules
9 > install' command don't use my '-j3' option. How do I configure it?
10 >
11 > The size is almost the same (3.3 MB), and I believe this is why my
12 > work until now was to remove non used hardware modules - the easy
13 > part. Now, I'll slow down a bit, bcz I need to learn about the other
14 > options before turning them off.
15 >
16 > Thant you all,
19 make -j 3 all && make modules_install
20
21 I guess you can add -j 3 to the modules part to but since I have only
22 the forced SCSI ones, it takes only a second or two. If you use a lot
23 of modules, try adding that option.
24
25 Dale
26
30 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!