From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel 2 manual
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:49:43
1 Well, thank you for your help.
2
3 I had some problems, like no bootable system or no network, but I could
4 solve it and things are working pretty well pretty.
5
6 The compilation time is really small after I removed these modules, but I
7 think it should be smaller: apparently the 'make && make modules install'
8 command don't use my '-j3' option. How do I configure it?
9
10 The size is almost the same (3.3 MB), and I believe this is why my work
11 until now was to remove non used hardware modules - the easy part. Now,
12 I'll slow down a bit, bcz I need to learn about the other options before
13 turning them off.
14
15 Thant you all,
16
17 2012/10/24 Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
18
19 > > Is there any tool that can scan my pc and help me out with the .conf or
20 > > even generate one? I guess not. There are lots of options that I have no
21 > > idea what they are for. I think this will be the fun part, but I think I
22 > > can't get a running kernel before I optimize it, so I can do it
23 > gradually.
24 >
25 > Well good starting points have already been provided, I usually check
26 > for modules with lspci -k
27 >
28 > > Just for curiosity, what is the size of your kernel? Mine is 3.4 MB.
29 >
30 > 3.0M, initramfs 2.2M
36 João de Matos
37 Linux User #461527
38 Graduando em Engenharia de Computação 2005.1
39 UEFS - Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana