From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel 2 manual
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:37:50
1 On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:47:55 -0200, João Matos wrote:
2
3 > The size is almost the same (3.3 MB), and I believe this is why my work
4 > until now was to remove non used hardware modules - the easy part.
5
6 Modules don't significantly affect the size of the kernel, only builtins.
7 A hand-prepared kernel may actually be larger than a genkernel one
8 because the latter builds almost everything as modules whereas without an
9 initramfs, you need some modules as builtins.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 It's not a bug, it's tradition!