From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:11:37
1 On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 01/02/12 12:45, Michael Mol wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I hope you don't take this as a kind of disrespect, but this really
5 >> feels more like administrator error than tool error. As someone else
6 >> remarked, it's portage's job to do what you tell it to do; you point
7 >> the gun, pull the trigger, it delivers the projectile.
10 > I don't -- I've admitted this was user error a number of times.
11 >
12 > Old behavior: user error has no consequences.
13 > New behavior: user error permanently breaks your world file.
14
15 I missed where this was new behavior. Being that this will be the 56th