From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update behavior
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:58:25
1 On 01/02/12 12:45, Michael Mol wrote:
2 >
3 > I hope you don't take this as a kind of disrespect, but this really
4 > feels more like administrator error than tool error. As someone else
5 > remarked, it's portage's job to do what you tell it to do; you point
6 > the gun, pull the trigger, it delivers the projectile.
9 I don't -- I've admitted this was user error a number of times.
10
11 Old behavior: user error has no consequences.
12 New behavior: user error permanently breaks your world file.