From: THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mozplugger is masked
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:23:00
1 On 3/22/06, Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o> wrote:
2 ..
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > ~x86 means that this package is marked as unstable because it needs
6 > some testing, if you want to test it (don't worry, I've my whole
7 > system in ~x86 and it's quite stable), just unmask it this way :
8 >
9 > echo "net-www/mozplugger ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
10 >
11 > You'll have to create /etc/portage/ if it's the first time you use the
12 > /etc/portage/* files ...
13 >
14 > regards,
15 >
16 > Boris.
17 ..
18
19 Thanks, Boris. I figured it was "stable enough" for everyday use, but
20 figure it's masked for good reason. I imagine the worst mozplugger
21 could do would be to crash firefox (unless there's a larger problem
22 with firefox), but am kinda gunshy about unmasking stuff. I'm finding
23 portage very easy to use, but it's a bit of a surprise how long it
24 takes to compile stuff! :)
27 -Thufir
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list