From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} What happened to iexplore in wine?
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:32:08
1 On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 14:28, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>> I haven't used wine's /usr/bin/iexplore to test a website in IE for a
3 >>> while, and now it looks like that binary is no longer installed.  Does
4 >>> anyone know how to get it, or if there is a replacement of some sort?
5 >>> I looked at the files installed by wine in /usr/bin but didn't see
6 >>> anything.
7 >
8 > Great site, I will use that a lot.
9 >
10 > The nice thing about iexplore is it lets you interact with the
11 > browser, and some pages I need to test are the result of a POST.
12 >
13 > My memory failed me before.  iexplore is run like this:
14 >
15 > wine iexplore www.example.com
16 >
17 > For me the window it loads is blank though.  Is it working for anyone else?
18
19 I didn't know this command, it works well for me.
20
21 Boris
22 >
23 > - Grant
26 >> I'm not sure what you mean by 'test in IE', but I, if you haven't
27 >> heard of it, browsershots.org is pretty cool for showing what your
28 >> site looks like in various browsers, including IE.
29 >>
30 >> This way you can avoid wine and IE all together.
31 >>
32 >>> - Grant
39 42