From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT?} What happened to iexplore in wine?
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 13:28:45
1 >> I haven't used wine's /usr/bin/iexplore to test a website in IE for a
2 >> while, and now it looks like that binary is no longer installed.  Does
3 >> anyone know how to get it, or if there is a replacement of some sort?
4 >> I looked at the files installed by wine in /usr/bin but didn't see
5 >> anything.
6
7 Great site, I will use that a lot.
8
9 The nice thing about iexplore is it lets you interact with the
10 browser, and some pages I need to test are the result of a POST.
11
12 My memory failed me before. iexplore is run like this:
13
14 wine iexplore www.example.com
15
16 For me the window it loads is blank though. Is it working for anyone else?
17
18 - Grant
21 > I'm not sure what you mean by 'test in IE', but I, if you haven't
22 > heard of it, browsershots.org is pretty cool for showing what your
23 > site looks like in various browsers, including IE.
24 >
25 > This way you can avoid wine and IE all together.
26 >
27 >> - Grant