From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome audio (mixer) question [SOLVED YET AGAIN]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:46:05
1 On 26.10.2009 14:19, walt wrote:
2
3 > You say you rebuilt world. Was gnome-media actually rebuild without
4 > the pulseaudio Use flag? That's where gnome-volume-control comes
5 > from, not from the panel applets package.
6
7 Yes, I used the usual |emerge -vpDNu world| and that did remerge
8 gnome-media.
9
10 > BTW, you can also do nicely without the esd USE flag and esound also,
11 > but you'll need to revdep-rebuild after because lots of packages will
12 > break (but they all still work perfectly after the rebuild.)
13
14 Interesting, nice tip. I just finished getting rid of it. It was a bit
15 of a mess because revdep-rebuild didn't discover a "-lesd" in
16 libgoffice-0.6.la and hence gnumeric failed to emerge until I finally
17 removed that by hand. But it's great to have one dependency less. And
18 sound still seems to work. :-)
19
20 Cheers,
21 Peter.