From: CJoeB <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I'm in a Pickle
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 20:48:27
1 On 12/25/11 14:20, Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >> Today, I was doing a world update and the screen locked - I still had my
3 >> KDE desktop up, but couldn't open a window to kill any processes or
4 >> anything. So, I held the power button to cause a reboot. The computer
5 >> booted okay and gave me my login screen, but neither the keyboard nor
6 >> the mouse work.
7 > Wild guess: xorg-server was upgraded to a newer version with changed
8 > ABI, so you have to remerge everthing installed under x11-drivers
9 >
10 > # emerge -1a $(qlist -I -C x11-drivers/)
11
12 It's a little hard to do that since, I boot to a login screen and
13 neither my keyboard nor mouse work - despite the fact that the cursor
14 places itself in the password field on the login screen, I can't enter
15 my password since the keyboard doesn't work. :-)
16
17 Regards,
18
19 Colleen