From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I'm in a Pickle
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 19:22:18
1 > Today, I was doing a world update and the screen locked - I still had my
2 > KDE desktop up, but couldn't open a window to kill any processes or
3 > anything. So, I held the power button to cause a reboot. The computer
4 > booted okay and gave me my login screen, but neither the keyboard nor
5 > the mouse work.
6
7 Wild guess: xorg-server was upgraded to a newer version with changed
8 ABI, so you have to remerge everthing installed under x11-drivers
9
10 # emerge -1a $(qlist -I -C x11-drivers/)