From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] KDE password dialogs stopped working
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 09:59:01
1 On Samstag 10 Oktober 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann schrieb:
3 > > On Samstag 10 Oktober 2009, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
4 > >> Hi all,
5 > >>
6 > >> just wanted to know wether anbody has encountered this:
7 > >>
8 > >> Nearly all KDE password dialogs (except screensaver and kdm) have
9 > >> stopped working. Neither kwallet nor kmail/kontact or kopete password
10 > >> dialogs work. I can enter login data, but the "OK" button doesn't react
11 > >> on klicks, only "Cancel" works.
12 > >>
13 > >> I suspect that it has something to do with recent QT update to 4.5.3,
14 > >> but I'm not sure.
15 > >>
16 > >> Has anybody else seen this?
17 > >
18 > > no, never. Is consolekit running?
19 >
20 > Yes.
21 >
22 > > dbus is ok?
23 >
24 > Yes (at least I think so). How would I find out if it's not?
25 >
26 > > error messages in kdm.log?
27 >
28 > Hmm, kdm is working fine. Would I find other programs errors here, too?
29 >
30 > > revdep-rebuilt done?
31 >
32 > Yes (or better: its cousin reconcilio), everything fine.
33 >
34 > Bye...
35 >
36 > Dirk
39 have you deactivated akonadi in the past (just pulling stuff from my ass,
40 remembering how kopete stopped working without akonadi...).