From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 03:38:32
1 Hey there, you could try postix:
2
3 1. use it's sendmail binary so you don't have a daemon ruuning
4
5 2. take a look here about how to configure postfix to defer delivery:
6
7 http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#dialup
8
9 3. write a short script, call it, say, dumpmail, called with
10
11 dumpmail ispname
12
13 dumpmail does the following:
14
15 1. looks up ispname in a table and from that table discovers the smtp
16 server to use (ispname doesn't have to be an isp of course, it could be
17 office, bills_office, clientx_office etc)
18
19 2. runs postconf to change the "relayhost" in /etc/postfix/main.cf then runs postfix reload to load the new config
20
21 3. runs sendmail -q to dump the mail to the smtp server of choice.
22
23 You can run it manually when you plug into a network, or with a bit more
24 work you can make it run automatically when your interface comes up.
28 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:08 +1300