From: Tom Eastman <tom@×××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:23:22
1 Stroller wrote:
2 > Set "relayhost" on the laptop to be your home mail server, then. You'll
3 > need to setup Postfix on the laptop to authenticate & do SSL but it's
4 > easily done.
5 >
6 > Stroller.
9 Hmm some interesting ideas, thanks! I also found something called 'nullmailer'
10 which sounds like it works in a way similar to Stroller's description of the
11 apple mailer. But I think it's a daemon, which wants to be running.
12
13 I *do* have a home server which is running SMTP, it accepts email from my LAN,
14 but not the outside world. Running postfix but haven't looked into learning how
15 to set up SMTP authentication.
16
17 Unfortunately, that wouldn't help anyway since at work, where I tend to plug my
18 laptop in, I'm firewalled off from my home server.
19
20 Ah, well, I'll keep digging :-)
21
22 Tom