From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Simple SMTP queue for a laptop
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:25:28
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:08 +1300, Tom Eastman wrote:
2
3 > Hmm some interesting ideas, thanks! I also found something called
4 > 'nullmailer' which sounds like it works in a way similar to Stroller's
5 > description of the apple mailer. But I think it's a daemon, which
6 > wants to be running.
7
8 The nullmailer web page doesn't say anything about queueing, but then it
9 doesn't say much about anything. It looks like nullmailer is an
10 equivalent to ssmtp. If it does do queueing and you don't want to run
11 a daemon, what's wrong with using a script that starts the daemon before
12 your mailer and stops it after?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Eye of newt, toe of frog, regular Coke and fries to go, please.