From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no text in certain flash app
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:05:10
1 On 4/15/2010 12:28 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Paul Hartman wrote:
3 >> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Tony Miller<mcfiredrill@×××××.com>
4 >> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi, I've noticed that in linux(in all browsers), I cannot see the text
7 >>> on this page.
8 >>>
9 >>> http://musictheory.net/lessons/html/id10_en.html
10 >>>
11 >>> There is supposed to be different text each time you hit the 'next'
12 >>> slide, but I see none. Kinda sucks because this site is very useful.
13 >>>
14 >>> I have www-plugins/adobe-flash version 10.0.45.2 installed.
15 >>>
16 >> Works for me using 64-bit adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1 in every browser I
17 >> tried. I see things like:
18 >>
19 >> • Clefs assign individual notes to certain lines or spaces.
20 >> • Two clefs are normally used: The Treble and Bass clefs.
21 >> • The first clef we will discuss is the Treble Clef (also called the G
22 >> Clef).
23 >> • The staff line which the clef wraps around (shown above in red) is
24 >> known as G. Any note placed on this line becomes G.
25 >> • The note on the space above G is A. (Remember, there is not an "H"
26 >> note).
27
28 > Since you know more about music than me, I may be seeing the same thing
29 > you described. I couldn't remember what some of the things were
30 > called. I only took piano lessons when I was a kid. Based on you
31 > description, it may be working the same here.
32
33 No... he's actually quoting the text that should be on the page, not
34 describing the musical elements. It's a series of bullet points
35 describing in words what is displayed above it.
36
37 So clearly you're not seeing what he is :)
38
39 On the plus side: Paul Hartman is a genius; installing 'corefonts' has
40 fixed a bunch of previously-broken Facebook games. But sadly, not this
41 musictheory page, so I must still be missing the fonts.
42
43 Paul, Is there a way to tell which font the Flash animation is trying to
44 use?
45
46 --Mike