From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no text in certain flash app
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 05:05:46
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Tony Miller<mcfiredrill@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi, I've noticed that in linux(in all browsers), I cannot see the text
5 >> on this page.
6 >>
7 >> http://musictheory.net/lessons/html/id10_en.html
8 >>
9 >> There is supposed to be different text each time you hit the 'next'
10 >> slide, but I see none. Kinda sucks because this site is very useful.
11 >>
12 >> I have www-plugins/adobe-flash version 10.0.45.2 installed.
13 >>
14 > Works for me using 64-bit adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1 in every browser I
15 > tried. I see things like:
16 >
17 > • Clefs assign individual notes to certain lines or spaces.
18 > • Two clefs are normally used: The Treble and Bass clefs.
19 > • The first clef we will discuss is the Treble Clef (also called the G Clef).
20 > • The staff line which the clef wraps around (shown above in red) is
21 > known as G. Any note placed on this line becomes G.
22 > • The note on the space above G is A. (Remember, there is not an "H" note).
23 >
24 > and so on.
25 >
26 > Maybe it uses fonts you don't have installed? I would specifically
27 > check for media-fonts/corefonts first... that has the standard
28 > Microsoft web fonts.
33 Since you know more about music than me, I may be seeing the same thing
34 you described. I couldn't remember what some of the things were
35 called. I only took piano lessons when I was a kid. Based on you
36 description, it may be working the same here.
37
38 Dale
39