From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:03:05
1 On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 > > On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:.
4 > >
5 > >>> I can't think of a single reason why the installer should operate in a
6 > >>> different manner to the way the thing will be used.
7 > >>
8 > >> Because installation is boring. The easier it is, the better.
9 > >
10 > > wrong. The installation needs a certain difficulty to keep idiots away.
11 > > Nobody needs idiots (except maybe ubuntu).
12 >
13 > That is insulting. My mother uses Ubuntu. Thanks for calling her an
14 > idiot.
15
16 no, I didn't call her 'idiot'. I am just stating that ubuntu tries to cater
17 for idiots.
18
19 > Obviously if someone wants to use his computer in order to get
20 > something done without doing a Ph.D on Portage and /etc first, then that
21 > person is an idiot.
22
23 no. He is an idiot if he does not read the docs. Simple. Like people who don't
24 read the manual to their car or vcr and then complaining if something does not
25 work. Idiots.