From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Am I wrong?..
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:17:37
1 On 2009-10-02, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > It's a distribution where you have to choose your own system
4 > logger and compile your own kernel, but when it comes to the
5 > text editor they decide to "hold your hand" with nano?
6
7 Some of us who are vimpaired think of it more as they decided
8 not to "whack you across the kneecaps" with vi. ;)
9
10 I don't like nano much either -- I find it rather clumsy, but
11 at least it seems to be "safe". It doesn't trash my file every
12 30 seconds when I start typing content while in command mode.
13 Honestly -- I've used vi infrequently but regularly (probably
14 several times a month) for decades, and my brain just doesn't
15 work the way vi does.
18 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is my fallout shelter
19 at termite proof?
20 visi.com