From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] jffs2 on gentoo
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:27:50
1 Hello,
2
3 I have a firewall that is built pretty minimally on a P3 and
4 and old 4 gig ide disk:
5
6 /dev/hda3 2068348 1668104 400244 81% /
7 /dev/hda1 100728 40452 60276 41% /boot
8
9 I have a 4 gig Cf card (sandisk) and a ide-cf card that should
10 make the CF card look like an ide hard drive.
11
12 I've been searching for a wiki or something that describes the general
13 sequence of events to migrate the existing gentoo system to the
14 CF/ide disk, with no luck.
15
16 I did find this page:
17 http://gentoo-wiki.com/Mounting_a_block_device_with_JFFS2
20 But it seems vague(outdated) and missing many steps. Or
21 am I confused? I'm just looking for some outline or verbose
22 steps to replace an ide drive on a system with a CF/ide drive
23 and jffs2, as I have many systems that I'd like to do this with,
24 for core reliability on minimalistic gentoo servers. I plan
25 on having additional space on these systems (when needed)
26 via NFS.
29 Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
32 James
35 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list