From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody want to beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:42:23
1 On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 14:44 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > However, my Gentoo systems are all virtual servers (DomU VMs on
3 > XenServer).
4 > So, the hardware devices are static. Will switching over to mdev give
5 > any
6 > benefits?
7 >
8 > I even am toying around with the idea of having a completely
9 > static /dev,
10 > but still can't find any guide/pointers yet.
11
12 I have a completely static /dev/ on my VMs.. I just disable the udev
13 devfs services and create whatever device nodes needed manually.