From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody want to beta test Gentoo with mdev instead of udev?
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:06:39
1 On Nov 15, 2011 11:43 PM, "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 14:44 +0700, Pandu Poluan wrote:
5 > > However, my Gentoo systems are all virtual servers (DomU VMs on
6 > > XenServer).
7 > > So, the hardware devices are static. Will switching over to mdev give
8 > > any
9 > > benefits?
10 > >
11 > > I even am toying around with the idea of having a completely
12 > > static /dev,
13 > > but still can't find any guide/pointers yet.
14 >
15 > I have a completely static /dev/ on my VMs.. I just disable the udev
16 > devfs services and create whatever device nodes needed manually.
19 Ah, thanks! Now I have more confidence to experiment, knowing someone else
20 have successfully went the static /dev road :-)
21
22 Rgds,