From: "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless Help
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:25:58
1 > So, I assume that eth1 would be replaced by wlan0 in the commands above,
2 > correct?
5 Yes, that is true. Therefore if you create a bash script with those
6 commands it would look like the following (I understand that you do
7 not use encryption, so I omitted the "key" setting)
10 #!/bin/bash
11 iwconfig wlan0 essid beam26wireless
12 dhcpcd wlan0
13
14 Now, all I do is to run this script as root every time I need to use
15 my wireless connection. I do not need to automatically run this script
16 at boot time because I do not use the wireless connection that often.
17 I know some people in this list will consider this "solution" a little
18 bit clunky, but hey, it works for me, and I am really not an expert
19 when it comes to configuring stuff like this. I am just a user too.
20 :-)
23 HTH
24
25 - AR
31 If you stare long enough into an abyss, the abyss will stare back into you...
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list