From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash: no job control in this shell
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:15:42
1 On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 10 September 2008 22:02:29 Dale wrote:
3 > > There is a recent thread about the splash not working. It may not be a
4 > > console problem but a splash problem. Something about the splash image
5 > > being moved or something. I don't use splash here, don't reboot enough
6 > > to need one. LOL
7 >
8 > Personally, I find the little green "OK"s crawling up the right hand side
9 > of the scrren much much MUCH more appealing and attractive than any splash
10 > could ever be. Plus I get to see if stuff actualloy still works or not...
11 >
12 > But that's just me. I'm weird like that.
13
14 it's not just you. All the little green oks are so.. reassuring. 'Everything
15 is fine' they say. 'don't worry.' they whisper.