From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Multiple network interfaces and openrc
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 18:10:11
1 When I add multiple net.* services to a single runlevel (basic example:
2 both a net.en* and a net.wl* service in default runlevel), it has a
3 surprising and undesirable effect: when I bring one of them down by
4 stopping the service, dnsmasq also gets stopped.
5
6 It is as if openrc thinks dnsmasq "depends" in the openrc sense on
7 _both_ the net.* services, instead of just one. Is there a way to hack
8 the dependency machinery to teach openrc the right way?
11 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
12 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
13 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.