From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Multiple network interfaces and openrc
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:29:02
1 On 2017-09-20, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > When I add multiple net.* services to a single runlevel (basic example:
4 > both a net.en* and a net.wl* service in default runlevel), it has a
5 > surprising and undesirable effect: when I bring one of them down by
6 > stopping the service, dnsmasq also gets stopped.
7 >
8 > It is as if openrc thinks dnsmasq "depends" in the openrc sense on
9 > _both_ the net.* services, instead of just one. Is there a way to hack
10 > the dependency machinery to teach openrc the right way?
11
12 From my /etc/rc.conf:
13
14 # Do we allow any started service in the runlevel to satisfy the dependency
15 # or do we want all of them regardless of state? For example, if net.eth0
16 # and net.eth1 are in the default runlevel then with rc_depend_strict="NO"
17 # both will be started, but services that depend on 'net' will work if either
18 # one comes up. With rc_depend_strict="YES" we would require them both to
19 # come up.
20 rc_depend_strict="NO"
23 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! for ARTIFICIAL
24 at FLAVORING!!
25 gmail.com