From: Ignas Anikevicius <anikevicius@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Advice Needed: Conexant HD-Audio noisy audio
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:57:07
1 On 15/05/12 17:52, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > I have a strong expectation that part of what you're hearing is system
3 > electrical noise.
4 >
5 > What happens when you set:
6 >
7 > * Master -> 100
8 > * Headphone -> 100
9 > * Everything else -> 0
10
11 If I do not play anything while PCM is at 0 and Master and Headphone are
12 at 100, then I do not hear anything. But if I start 'playing' something
13 while still with PCM at 0 (no sound can be heard), then I start hearing
14 irregular clipping sound.
15
16 Is that what you expected?
17
18 If I decrease the sound to a level where I stop hearing clipping, then I
19 can barely hear the music. Although the same headphones play on my
20 player fine.
21
22 And It's a shame, that I indeed hear clipping. Are there any ways to
23 increase the sound volume without increasing the mixer setting in ALSA?
24 Would a different sound card help? Is there any way I can solve the
25 problem without buying new hardware?
26
27 Thanks a lot for help,
28 I.