From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: TCP Queuing problem
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 04:01:42
1 Am Tue, 20 Sep 2016 06:08:31 -0700
2 schrieb Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>:
3
4 > [...]
5 > [...]
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > >> It looks like the TCP Queuing spike itself was due to imapproxy
9 > >> which I've now disabled. I'll post more info as I gather it.
12 > > imapproxy was clearly affecting the TCP Queuing graph in munin but I
13 > > still ended up with a massive TCP Queuing spike today and
14 > > corresponding http response time issues long after I disabled
15 > > imapproxy. Graph attached. I'm puzzled.
18 > I just remembered that our AT&T modem/router does not respond to
19 > pings. My solution is to move PPPoE off of that device and onto my
20 > Gentoo router so that pings pass through the AT&T device to the Gentoo
21 > router but I haven't done that yet as I want to be on-site for it.
22 > Could that behavior somehow be contributing to this problem? There
23 > does seem to be a clear correlation between user activity at that
24 > location and the bad server behavior.
25
26 If that device behaves badly in router mode by blocking just all icmp
27 traffic instead of only icmp-echo-req, this is a good idea. You may
28 want to bug AT&T about this problem then. It should really not block
29 related icmp traffic.
32 Regards,
33 Kai
34