From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any big gotcha's when update from several (5) mnths
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 09:30:21
1 On Thursday 15 Sep 2011 08:04:25 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > On Sep 15, 2011 1:53 PM, "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 > > On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 17:07:45 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > > > Anyway, it works well for this old dog, and in my mind there is a good
5 > > > reason to fetch before building but I can see how others might not
6 > > > want to do that.
7 > >
8 > > I use it too, but for a different reason. I run emerge --sync from a cron
9 > > script, followed by emerge -f world, so all the tarballs are downloaded
10 > > before I even start.
11 >
12 > Indeed, great minds think alike, for that's my setup.
13 >
14 > Daily eix-sync + emerge -f. When I feel like it, I'll just do emerge -avuD
15 > -j4 --load-average=8.0 @world
16 >
17 > No pipeline stall due to needing to download a largish tarball.
18 >
19 > Rgds,
20
21 Others have covered everything - just in case you need them a couple of links
22 to help you on the way:
23
24 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/openrc-migration.xml
25