From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] urgent: udev-upgrade inhibits firmware upload (speedtouch-usb)
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 07:36:43
1 Hi, I desparately need help!
2
3 I have upgraded from udev-087-r1 to udev-103 (and from baselayout-1.12.5
4 to 1.12.6)
5
6 At rebooting (I have a speedtouch usb ADSL device) I get
7 speedtch_find_firmware: no stage 1 firmware found
8 (This is obviously a message from the speedtouch kernel
9 module)
10
11 Yes, speedtouch has to upload firmware to the device before
12 I can use it. This has worked just fine before my upgrade to
13 the new udev.
14 And I've checked that the firmware is (still) in /lib/firmware.
15 I've even reinstalled net-dialup/speedtouch-usb and net-dialup/ppp
16 but nothing helps.
17 I couldn't find anything in the Changelogs.
18 I haven't changed my kernel (still 2.6.17-r8)
19
20 Many thanks for a hint,
21 Helmut.
24 Helmut Jarausch