From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 18:16:20
1 On 2/24/2010 11:59 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > How do you know what he needs? He probably wants KDE but without the
4 > whole "Semantic Desktop" thingy.
5
6 Well, mostly based on him telling us what he needs, and that he doesn't
7 really "want" KDE:
8
9 On 02/24/2010 04:27 AM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
10
11 > I've been using KDE for a long time, for reasons that are no longer
12 > important to me. I have remained out of pure inertia.
13 > I use gnome happily at work, both on Fedora and Ubuntu. All I need from
14 > any of them is a panel with some favorites, and a pager for multiple
15 > desktops.
16
17 it appears that all he needs is a panel and a pager, which any decent
18 window manager will have. Therefore, if KDE is using up more resources
19 than he feels warranted, perhaps it's time to switch.
20
21 --Mike