From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE? Get me out of here!
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:08:08
1 On 02/24/2010 08:12 PM, Mike Edenfield wrote:
2 > On 2/24/2010 11:59 AM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> How do you know what he needs? He probably wants KDE but without the
5 >> whole "Semantic Desktop" thingy.
6 >
7 > Well, mostly based on him telling us what he needs, and that he doesn't
8 > really "want" KDE:
9 >
10 > On 02/24/2010 04:27 AM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
11 >
12 >> I've been using KDE for a long time, for reasons that are no longer
13 >> important to me. I have remained out of pure inertia.
14 >> I use gnome happily at work, both on Fedora and Ubuntu. All I need from
15 >> any of them is a panel with some favorites, and a pager for multiple
16 >> desktops.
17 >
18 > it appears that all he needs is a panel and a pager, which any decent
19 > window manager will have. Therefore, if KDE is using up more resources
20 > than he feels warranted, perhaps it's time to switch.
21
22 I have semantic desktop disabled and KDE offers a hell of a lot more
23 than just a panel and a pager.