From: Hunter Jozwiak <hunter.t.joz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Can't Get Systemd to Work
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:29:41
1 -----Original Message-----
2 From: Neil Bothwick [mailto:neil@××××××××××.uk]
3 Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 8:06 AM
4 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't Get Systemd to Work
6
7 On Fri, 16 May 2014 07:34:16 -0400, Hunter Jozwiak wrote:
8
9 > Hi all. I am having issues with Systemd as well. I added to the GRUB2
10 > configuration file the needed command line to get Systemd to start,
11 > but for whatever reason, the kernel is adamant that I must use OrenRC.
12
13 You need to tell us what you added and what the kernel complained about.
14 The only information we have is what is in your mail, we are not the NSA, we
15 cannot see what is on your computer.
16
17 > I
18 > recompiled with Genkernel-next a new kernel and initramfs, and that,
19 > for whatever reason, doesn't automount my /boot partition. Is there a
20 > fix to this?
21
22 It is standard practice to not mount the /boot partition. By the time the
23 boot process gets to mounting what is in /etc/fstab, /boot is no longer
24 needed. That's why it is usually set to noauto in fstab.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 Guns don't kill people--it's those little pieces of lead.
31 GRUB_CMDLINE="init=/usr/lib/system/system"
32 And then, grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg.