From: Jonas de Buhr <jonas.de.buhr@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xauthority and su
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 14:57:14
1 >I do have X11 forwarding configured and I don't have any problems
2 >when working as the same user for which I logged in via ssh -Y.
3 >But if I change the user by using su (doesn't work) or sux (works on
4 >a local machine), Xauthorization fails.
5
6 oh wait... maybe the problem is something different? after the "su -"
7 you also lose the DISPLAY setting which was set after logging in with
8 "ssh -Y". you should check the DISPLAY variable before and after the su
9 on the remote machine.