From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xauthority and su
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 16:39:34
1 On 7 Apr, Jonas de Buhr wrote:
2 >
3 >>I do have X11 forwarding configured and I don't have any problems
4 >>when working as the same user for which I logged in via ssh -Y.
5 >>But if I change the user by using su (doesn't work) or sux (works on
6 >>a local machine), Xauthorization fails.
7 >
8 > oh wait... maybe the problem is something different? after the "su -"
9 > you also lose the DISPLAY setting which was set after logging in with
10 > "ssh -Y". you should check the DISPLAY variable before and after the su
11 > on the remote machine.
12 >
13 That's the reason why I tried sux from x11-misc/sux .
14 Helmut.