From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: print side-by-side diff w/ highlighting?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:25:16
1 On 2009-08-14, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On 08/14/2009 08:58 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> On 2009-08-14, Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>> I'm trying to find some sort of side-by-side diff that will
5 >>> highlight the differences and produce pritable output (e.g.
6 >>> html or postscript).
7 >>>
8 >>> I've found tools to "colorize" diff output, but not for
9 >>> side-by-side.
10 >>
11 >> To be a bit more specific, I've found "colordiff" but it
12 >> highlights entire lines rather than just changes
13 >
14 > In diffs, changes are always lines. It's line based, not
15 > character based.
16
17 Which is why it does't meet my requirements. I want the
18 changes hightlighted. I've found tons of utilties (like meld)
19 that do that on-screen, but I haven't found any that print.
22 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I know things about
23 at TROY DONAHUE that can't
24 visi.com even be PRINTED!!