From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: print side-by-side diff w/ highlighting?
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 18:18:04
1 On 08/14/2009 08:58 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-08-14, Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to find some sort of side-by-side diff that will
4 >> highlight the differences and produce pritable output (e.g.
5 >> html or postscript).
6 >>
7 >> I've found tools to "colorize" diff output, but not for
8 >> side-by-side.
9 >
10 > To be a bit more specific, I've found "colordiff" but it
11 > highlights entire lines rather than just changes
12
13 In diffs, changes are always lines. It's line based, not character based.