From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot shutdown or reboot because of logind disconnection
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 18:20:20
1 Am Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 02:15:51AM -0400 schrieb Walter Dnes:
2 > On Sat, Sep 17, 2022 at 10:40:53AM +0800, johnstrass wrote
3 >
4 > > Compiling gcc uses alot of memory, sometimes only less then 10MB
5 > > left free ( I am doing this on a small yeeloong netbook with only
6 > > 1GB memory).
7 >
8 > Ouch, I'm surprised it compiles at all. The Gentoo install handbook
9 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation#MAKEOPTS
10 > has a dire warning about memory usage...
11 >
12 > […]
13 >
14 > You simply don't have enough ram. You might reduce the pain and the
15 > swapping by trying something like the following in make.conf (assuming
16 > you haven't already done it)
17 >
18 > MAKEOPTS="-j1"
19
20 You could also have a look at zram/zswap to compress your RAM content.
21 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Zram
22 https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Zswap
25 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
26 There are two kinds of computer people: 1 and 0.