From: Graham Murray <graham@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Why does emerge want to downgrade firefox/xul-runner?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:32:36
1 Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I haven't really paid much attention to start-up times, but
4 > page loads in 3.5 feel a fair bit faster. I've also noticed
5 > that 3.5 doesn't pause repeatedly while I'm typing a URL like
6 > 3.0 used to.
7
8 Page loads are faster, but page scrolling of some pages (eg slashdot
9 articles) can be very slow and suffer from pauses. Also it may not pause
10 when typing URLs but it does (for me) when entering text into the search
11 box on YouTube.