From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why does emerge want to downgrade firefox/xul-runner?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:59:41
1 On 2009-08-25, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I rarely use Firefox on linux but, on windows, 3.5 takes a longer time
4 > to load compared to 3.0 (and 3.0 took longer than 2.x). I'm sure
5 > add-ons and update checks are contributing mostly to that, but I
6 > remember the good old days when Firefox started up faster than Mozilla
7 > Suite. :)
8
9 I haven't really paid much attention to start-up times, but
10 page loads in 3.5 feel a fair bit faster. I've also noticed
11 that 3.5 doesn't pause repeatedly while I'm typing a URL like
12 3.0 used to.
15 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm wet! I'm wild!
16 at
17 visi.com