From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HD7870 AMD Catalyst no framebuffer console
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:14:59
1 Am 18.04.2013 17:37, schrieb Wang Xuerui:
2 > 2013/4/18 Amankwah <amankwah7@×××××.com>:
3 >> Hi all,
4 >> I have a video card HD7870, I tried install the AMD Catalyst driver ~amd64 in portage, it works well under X. But when I press ctrl+alt+F1, the screen is blank??
5 >> Although I googled this problem I add nomodeset and radeon.modeset=0 video=uvesa to the kernel cmdline in /boot/grub/menu.lst, it didn't work at all. What can I do to solve this?
6 >
7 > IIRC fglrx does not support KMS, hence no framebuffer.
8 >
9 correct
10
11 > The radeon parameters are of no use in this case; in order for the
12 > proprietary driver to work properly, the open source module must be
13 > blacklisted. So instructing the radeon module makes little sense.
14 >
15 correct, don't load the radeon module. You can also disable the Direct
16 Rendering Manager (CONFIG_DRM).
17 For framebuffer on my machine I use CONFIG_FB_EFI, but CONFIG_FB_VESA
18 should work too. I'm not sure about CONFIG_FB_RADEON