From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Flash and other sounds in my system
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:18:07
1 On 10/31/2010 10:03 AM, András Csányi wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > There is a strange or not strange problem. When I'm listening music
5 > (the player is audacious or amarok) I can't play any flash with sound.
6 > If it is possible Amarok lost the sound and I have to restart it.
7 > Audacious not so sensible but the little window comes up "driver is
8 > busy" or something like this but few push on the "next" button and
9 > everything is working fine. I know the problem is that, Flash use Alsa
10 > directly instead Amarok and Audacious which use Phonon. Somebody can
11 > tell me what is the normal solution for this problem? A little bit
12 > annoying this situation.
13
14 If you have an /etc/asound.conf file, delete it (or move it) and reboot.
15
16 If this won't fix your problem, search around on how to enable dmix in
17 ALSA. I've no idea how, since without an /etc/asound.conf, dmix got
18 enabled by default on the PC I tried it.