From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd-224 Look out for new networking behavior
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:30:23
1 On Sun, Aug 02 2015, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 10:03 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> I've been running systemd for a long time without needing to enable
6 >> the dhcpcd service at boot time. Starting with systemd-224 that is no
7 >> longer true. Today I had to enable dhcpcd.service specifically or the
8 >> network interface didn't get an ip address during boot.
9 >>
10 >> Seems like this might be especially important for those of you who need
11 >> to update remote machines.
12 >
13 > If you enable systemd-networkd.service, and your .network file has DHCP=yes
14 > in its [Network] section, then it will use the DHCP client included with
15 > systemd-networkd.
16 >
17 > In my servers I not longer use any net-misc/*dhcp* package.
18 >
19 > Regards.
20
21 Is this server-related? I have only simple workstations/laptops and I
22 don't enable systemd-networkd at all. It seems that NetworkManager
23 takes care of both wired and wireless without assistance (including
24 dhcp).
25
26 thanks,
27 allan