From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags information resource
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:08:45
1 Thank you for the insight, Alan. I am just getting to the point of
2 understanding this. As a non -developer/programmer I have been at a loss to
3 understand these basic points about USE flags. Over time, they begin to
4 make sense. Your pointer about the ebuilds is extremely valuable.
5
6 Maybe it's just me, in my cluelessness? Some flags have not been obvious to
7 me; others have been ambiguous, at least to me. Maybe digging for all this
8 is what makes Gentoo such an excellent experience. On the other hand, a
9 little more clarity would not hurt, IMHO. Beggars can't be choicy, but is
10 it really not possible to provide a slightly clearer explanation of what a
11 USE flag does? I'd better shut up.
12
13 Alan