From: Alberto Luaces <aluaces@×××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [SUSPECTED SPAM] [OT] Best *SIMPLE* firewall?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 08:32:52
1 Heiko Baums writes:
2
3 > Am Wed, 28 Feb 2018 16:15:59 -0500
4 > schrieb "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org>:
5 >
6 >> Is there something besides iptables? It seems to be like
7 >> systemd/perl/python, continuously expanding its scope. And no, I'm
8 >> not looking for an "easy-peasy front-end gui" that'll probably pull
9 >> in 90% of QT as dependancies. I fondly remember IPCHAINS.
10 >
11 > I don't know what you're looking for exactly.
12 >
13 > If you want a command line tool for configuring your firewall with an
14 > easier syntax than iptables you could try ufw.
15
16 Indeed. And its graphical interface:
17
18 https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/net-firewall/ufw-frontends